Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tomorrow is my first real day of work. It is a teacher work day and then Tuesday the students come. My room is pretty much ready to go, I just need to figure out what to do with the students once I get them. :)
It has become pretty uncomfortable to sit for very long. I get sharp pain behind the right side of my ribs. I hope this baby won't stay up this high the whole time. I bought support hose to wear while teaching to hopefully aid in keeping the varicose veins at bay. Today was a practice wearing of the support hose, and I am impressed. They are comfortable and seem like they'll do the job.
The doctor has me starting to count the kicks I feel. You are supposed to see how long it takes for the baby to move 10 times during its most active time. For Baby Ball the most active time is when I lay in bed at night. So far it has taken around 20 min, which is really good I guess. If it takes more than two hours I'm supposed to go to the hospital.
I guess haven't had a chance to post since my last doctor's visit. It went pretty normal. He said the red bumps popping up all over my belly are normal. I have to go get more blood work done soon. I'm waiting for September for our insurance to kick in. Hopefully it won't be such an adventure this time.
Good news about insurance though. With my new job I get much better insurance. It will take affect in October, so we'll have our alright maternity insurance for September, then switch to the better one in October. I wasn't sure if I could get insurance through the school since I was temp., but they said I could. :) YEAH!!
I'll have internet at school, so hopefully I can update a little more frequently in the coming weeks.

No comments: